Performing Artist Applications
PERFORMING ARTIST APPLICAtiONS FOR pride toronto 2015 are now open
Pride Toronto, returning for its 35th fabulous year, is seeking submissions from performing artists of all disciplines to perform at its 2015 festival. Whether you’re a DJ, band, solo artist, drag queen/king, dancer, comedian, community group or theatrical troupe, we want to hear from you!
Pride Week in Toronto is the third largest Pride celebration in the world and the largest festival in Canada. It takes place over 28 city blocks on 8 stages with hundreds of artists, 3 parades and hundreds of events at venues throughout downtown Toronto. The festival typically sees over 1.2 million people celebrating and supporting the lives and stories of Toronto's queer and trans* communities.
Pride Week is produced by Pride Toronto, a not-for-profit, community organization. It’s a FREE event supported and made possible by a large base of volunteers, public funders, sponsors and Pride Toronto’s fundraising initiatives. Pride Week 2015 runs from 19th-28th June; the Pride Toronto street festival electrifies downtown Toronto from 26th - 28th June. The theme for the forthcoming festival, as chosen by community is: “Come OUT and Play!”
The festival features 10 days of arts and cultural programming, community activities and art engagements, a huge Streetfair, Pride Parade, Dyke March, Trans* Pride March, Family Pride, free open-air concerts, youth programming and much more.
Performers participating in the Pride Toronto festival have the opportunity to be included in the Official Pride Guide, the Pride Toronto website and social media, potential coverage through our print, radio and TV partners and targeted marketing by our Communications Team.
If you would like to be part of the BEST free event in Toronto, fill in the application form below. The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2015.
performing artist application
By filling in an application, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- LGBTTIQQ2SA is an acronym representing: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, 2 Spirited, Allies
- Trans* is an umbrella term that refers to all of the identities within the gender identity spectrum. It includes, but is not limited to, those community members who identify as transgender, transsexual, Intersex, third gender, two-spirit, genderqueer, genderfluid, gender independent, transvestite, non-binary, and bigender.
- Filling out an application is not a guarantee of inclusion. All applications must be received by 28 February 2015 to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Pride Toronto exists to celebrate the lives and stories of LGBTTIQQ2SA communities, and to showcase the art and culture of our community members. Allies are encouraged to apply for inclusion in the festival program; Artists representing LGBTTIQQ2S communities are prioritized.
- Applications are reviewed by the Arts & Culture Program Manager and a team of volunteer programmers representing a variety of communities and art practices. Applications are not shared with the general public.
- The programmers select the performing artist applicants that shall be considered for inclusion in the upcoming Pride Toronto street festival.
- The decision of the programmers is final. Pride Toronto is not obligated to provide an explanation regarding their decision.
- ONLY successful applicants will be contacted by 30 April 2015.
- Indemnification: The applicant agrees that Pride Toronto is not responsible for loss or damage, however caused, to applications and to support materials.
- The Artist hereby grants permission Pride Toronto to use images submitted with the Artist’s Application for publicity purposes on the Pride Toronto website or in social media, as well as in other Pride Toronto promotional materials and publications.
Please contact our Arts & Culture Manager if you require a hard copy of this application or if you have any questions at all about the application process. Please let us know how we can make this application more accessible for you.
Note: Large uploads will take some time to transmit. Please be patient during this process and do not click "submit" or refresh your browser.
TK, Arts & Culture Manager
P 416-927-7433 ext.241